Monday 23 April 2012

poem by a friend

a friend of mine shared with me a poem he had written, and i think it is awesome

I always knew it, but it seemed a phase.
I felt a disgrace to the human race.
A holy God could not accept me
for the sin of homosexuality.

So I will perform a play
to hide being gay.
Minister to the world’s dismay.
Preaching a lie,
while I secretly cry.
Finding the girl beautiful
but little connection.
Going to university,
with little direction.
Find a church that will suppress me
and do everything to undress me.
But see, I am still holding onto to a robe
so there is a part I still do not show.
I convince myself of a different desire,
to maintain God’s holy fire.
I go to lectures and
discover queer theology
I say “its’ all lies!”
and “I will never compromise!”
But it will never go away,
I’ve been pushed so far.
Till I sit and pray
and my Father will say
“Come as you are.
It’s okay. It’s okay.
It’s okay to be gay”

No comments:

Post a Comment